Sunday, September 30, 2007

Blame Canda!!!

So I know I have been kinda AWOL for a while, but i have been really busy with tests and crew and random shit. So last week I had two tests, one in genetics which was pretty easy, and the other in orgo. The Orgo test was a piece of shit stuck on a stick. So I was pretty much studying that for the week.

O so yeah I forgot I haven't updated in a while. I made the boat for the Regatta, and the race was this weekend. We drove up to Canada early in the morning and came home late at night. It was pretty awesome. We raced an 8 boat in the novice division. It was pretty much my school and then 16 Canadian ones in our race. We came in 4th, which is really good, but we should have done better(here comes a rant). During a head race all the boats start at different times, with about ten second interval. If a boat behind you is going faster than you your are supposed to let them pass on starboard side. So we kept trying to pass this boat infront of us and they would not let us through. So we were zigzaging through the course trying to pass them, and losing time. THEN at the end of the race there is turn and we took the inside turn and they turned too sharp and our oars were hitting each other while we were rowing so half of us stop rowing becuase we didnt know what to do. So we lost alot of time there. We were out of third place by 16 seconds. I am not saying that if that stupid Canadian boat followed the rule we would have placed, but we definitly would have had a better chance. But all in all we did really well and I am realyl proud of my team. That is really all for now.

One more thing Mwiko, i dont know if this is too late, but if I were you I would try crew out. It is tough, and both physically and mentally challenging but I think it is worth it. But if you end up only kinda liking it I would say quit. Waking up at 6 in the morning isnt worth it if you are not enjoying it. (hope that helps).

~Socky

4 comments:

ooijj said...

those cheating canadians! they'll stop at nothing!!

::: sissi ::: said...

lol. haha! yea let's blame it on the canadians ;)

respect! for getting up that early!

Mwiko said...

Wasn't there a boat full of judgey type people somewhere?
You should have got your cox to verbally abuse their cox til they cried.. or y'know, moved over..

I went tubbing today..
It was fun, and I can sorta row if I don't think about doing it.. like if I have to think about backsplash [? or whatever it is that people keep saying], hands away, and so on then I start doing it backwards.. =S

MC said...

Uhm, you know why we have no dinosaurs anymore?
It was the Canadians.

Also, crew is fucking fun. I love Regattas. 3 isn't bad. Has your 8 practiced alot together?
Have you ever been in a Dragon Boat?